A great compilation of resources for learning German! Most are for self-learners rather than for classroom application, but useful all the same. Expat even includes links to her reviews of them!
I noticed recently that a number of people have found my blog after searching for information about German vocabulary or grammar. I have written a number of blog posts about learning German, but that information is scattered throughout the blog. Here is a list of resources, more or less in order from least to most commitment, along with links to some of my blog posts about them:
- German Word of the Day (sign up for updates via email, RSS, etc.)
- Flashcard-style learning program: Memrise (my experience with Memrise).
- Phrases/basic grammar: Mango Languages (my experience with Mango)
- Language-learning podcast: Deutsch — Warum Nicht? by Deutsche Welle (my experience with DW)
- Self-study book: Teach Yourself Instant German (my experience with TY)
- Online self-study program:Deutsch Interactive by Deutsche Welle (my experience with DW)
- Intensive, in-person courses: Sprachenakademie Aachen (more information about these courses…
View original post 79 more words